Legislative Priorities for 2017
- The need for adequate resources to fully fund services to children and families. IARCA is supporting the DCS request for an additional $50M for the combination of the Family & Children Fund and additional Family Case Managers (FCMs).
- Support for the availability and accessibility of the full array of services to children and families.
- Support for SB 366, drivers licenses for foster youth.
- Support efforts of the Children’s Policy and Law Initiative for the decriminalization of youth.
- Support efforts of the Children’s Policy and Law Initiative to promote the use of positive behavioral supports in schools and reduction of use of suspension and expulsion, with advocacy for adequate resources for schools to make these changes.
- Support for legislation to expand Crisis Intervention Teams in local communiities.
- Support for legislation to address the needs of trafficked youth and to prevent human trafficking.