Membership with the Indiana Association of Resources and Child Advocacy (IARCA) provides many benefits to its members, including entry in the IARCA Member Resource Directory of Services for Children & Families which is available online for use by the Department of Child Services, Probation Departments, Juvenile Courts, Special Education Offices, CASA/GAL Programs, concerned parents and other professionals.
Membership benefits include:
- Legislative advocacy and representation at all times during the Indiana General Assembly, including public testimony on behalf of IARCA members and children and families served;
- Work with the Commission on Improving the Status of Indiana’s Children, the Child Welfare Improvement Committee of the Indiana Judicial Center, the Children’s Mental Health Advisory Board, and other groups on public policy and systems change;
- IARCA-DCS Team Meetings to address issues and to enhance Indiana’s child welfare system;
- Access to a variety of training opportunities at a reduced rate or without charge, including the Annual Conference, the Leadership Symposium, New Administrators’ Orientation training, supervisory training, and other specialized trainings;
- Access to the Monday Morning Update, including advertising opportunities for employment openings and other newsworthy events at member agencies;
- Representation in discussions with state administrators (Department of Child Services, Department of Mental Health and Addictions, Office of Medicaid Policy and Planning) on current and emerging issues and program changes;
- Consultation services provided to individual member agencies regarding licensing issues, rate reviews, fiscal issues, program trends, contracts, etc.;
- Eligibility to serve on IARCA committees and task forces to update member agencies on current issues, develop strategies and solutions to common problems, and provide opportunities to network and share information with other service providers;
- Promotion of member agencies by IARCA at meetings with State agencies, at conferences, and through referral assistance calls from placing agencies and parents;
- Participation in the IARCA Outcome Project with the license to use web-based software (Evaluate Outcomes Now, EON®) and receive group consultation on using agency results;
- Discounts on services through partnerships with accrediting organizations, training resources, and other beneficial connections;
- Other services provided through grants obtained by IARCA’s Institute for Excellence.